Dr. Shane McDaniel
Meet Dr. McDaniel
Dr. Shane McDaniel is among a unique and exclusive collection of surgeons highly trained in both General Cosmetic Surgery and Maxillofacial surgery. He is eligible and currently completing board certification by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery covering both face and body cosmetic surgery as well as the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Originally from Greensboro, North Carolina he graduated with Honors from North Carolina State University. Dr. McDaniel went on to complete his post-graduate studies at the University of Michigan where he graduated with Honors in the top 10% of his class and developed an affinity for surgery. He completed his medical school training at the University of North Carolina School of Medicine in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Dr. McDaniel then went on to complete a General Surgery Internship and Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The University of North Carolina Healthcare System. During his residency, Dr. McDaniel focused on cosmetic surgery, craniofacial surgery, trauma, and reconstructive surgery. He served as Chief Resident during his final year at UNC.
Following his core surgical training, he completed a General Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship at Inland Cosmetic Surgery in Southern California. During his fellowship he trained in full body cosmetic surgery and completed over 800 cosmetic surgical procedures. In fellowship, Dr. McDaniel became actively involved in multiple research projects and worked to develop a post-surgical pain control protocol to help minimize narcotic use and improve patient comfort and safety. Dr. McDaniel also helped develop, study and implement a non-invasive treatment protocol for breast capsular contracture.
Dr. McDaniel is actively involved in multiple organizations helping to ensure the safety of patients and advance the field of cosmetic surgery. He currently serves as the co-chair for the New Surgeons Committee in the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and is on the board of trustees for the California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery where he serves from afar. He is an active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. McDaniel is excited to practice in his home state of North Carolina. He offers a wide variety of surgical and non-surgical options to his patients. Although cosmetic surgery suggests a certain concept of perfection, Dr. McDaniel appreciates that beauty varies and is hardly defined by appearance alone. He views his surgical abilities as an opportunity to restore a patient’s confidence. Dr. McDaniel prides himself on understanding his patients and helping them achieve their goals.
Outside of his professional career, Dr. McDaniel and his wife enjoy spending time with their handsome black labs “Gunner” and “Moose” at their farm in Summerfield.
- American Board of Cosmetic Surgery – Currently sitting for Board
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Currently Sitting for Boards
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Member – California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Committee Chair- AACS New Surgeons Committee
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- General Cosmetic Surgery: Inland Cosmetic Surgery, Rancho Cucamonga California
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery: University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- General Surgery: University of North Carolina Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Moses Cone Health System- Greensboro, NC
- A Modernized Enhanced Recovery After Surgery for Cosmetic Surgery Procedure in an Opiate Crisis.
- Capsular Contracture Revisited: An update on the Etiology, Diagnosis and Treatment Protocol
- Presented: California Academy of Cosmetic Surgery Annual Conference 2019- San Diego, CA
- Effects of Lefort I Osteotomy on Alar Width After One Year
- Presented: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Annual Conference 2019- Chicago, IL
- High Fidelity Virtual Reality Orthognathic Surgery Simulator
- Presented: American College of Oral and Maxillofaical Surgery Conference 2018- New Orleans, LA