Before your procedure it is important to follow the instructions:
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING FOR EIGHT HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY EXCEPT WATER. DO NOT DRINK WATER WITHIN TWO HOURS OF SURGERY.
- If you take medication regularly, please check with our office prior to the date of your surgery for specific instructions.
- If you are undergoing IV sedation or general anesthesia, someone is required to drive you after surgery and remain in the office during the procedure. If your escort is not present at the time of your surgery, your surgery will be rescheduled.
- You should not drive or operate machinery for at least 24 hours after IV sedation or general anesthesia.
- You should wear comfortable clothing on the day of your surgery such as a short sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, comfortable or loose-fitting pants.
- On the day of surgery, do not wear contacts (or bring a container to place your contacts in once arriving),
- If you are undergoing facial surgery or procedures, do not wear make-up of any kind on the day of your surgery.
- You should not smoke starting 4 weeks before surgery and 4 weeks after surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, cough, fever, chills or upset stomach, please notify our office.